Our philosophy is that all youth baseball players should be coached in the fundamentals of hitting and pitching. Young players should not be designated as a pitcher or position player. They need to grow their skills as they move through their baseball career, putting them in a position to have success at their chosen position. This sixteen-week program is our youth players who want advanced coaching in both hitting and pitching. The program consists of one full session of hitting and one of pitching.
The primary goal of this program is to work with our young athletes to make sure they have solid hitting and pitching mechanics. We work with them on the important fundamentals, starting from the ground up; through the kinetic chain that gives them the best chance for success. Each player will be given an evaluation of both their hitting and pitching skills. Our coaches will discuss with these multi-tooled players what they feel are their strengths and weaknesses in both skills. We run these players through various drills and match what we see to what they know about the various components of their swing and pitching mechanics. At the conclusion of our analysis work, we develop an improvement plan for the player to follow throughout the clinic.
Key Elements: Hitting Portion
• Proper warmup and medicine ball work for muscle activation and proper patterning- including individualized movement and drill plans for each hitter.
• Mechanical instruction to maximize a hitter’s margin of error with improved timing and swing path.
• Variation Training where we put our hitters in challenging environments so when it's time to step in the batter’s box, they can make in-game adjustments that will increase their success.
• Bat Speed training using overload/underload bats, tracked by blast motion.
• Video Analysis and Output Measurement using HitTrax (www.hittraxbaseball.com)
• Addressing approach and the mental Side of Hitting. The best hitters fail 70% of the time.
Key Elements: Pitching Portion
• Full body assessment to check any deficiencies and imbalances in the body that could be the cause of pain or lower velocities.
• 16 week throwing program that brings you into the season with Drill packages and corrective movement packages to make sure pitchers are moving efficiently
• Video analysis so our pitchers can see their progression
• Full Arm Care and recovery techniques
• Use of Rapsodo, the cutting-edge technology used by all Major League Baseball and high-level college baseball programs. This machine calculates velocity, spin axis, and spin. You get real time data in the blink of an eye and save right to your name. This allows you to see your data and monitor your progression.
The player leaves this program with improved bat speed and a better approach to hitting. They will see an increase in velocity and strike percentages and they will be given an arm care program. Our pitchers have had ZERO soft tissue or ligament issues (UCL, Rotator Cuff, Labrum).
This program starts the week of November 27, 2023, and ends the week of March 11, 2024. Tuition: $960 (paid in 4 monthly installments)
Click below to register for the program: