This sixteen-week program is designed for hitters looking to bring their game to the next level. Our program is designed to be a blend of both college and MLB team hitting programs. Our hitting program is delivered to optimize each hitter's swing based on the individual. As with all our programs, we do not take a one size fits all approach. When a hitter enters our program, they are given an evaluation. We identify the hitter’s strengths and deficiencies. This information is the basis for developing the hitter’s plan. We track their progress throughout the program. Our athletes work on hitting approach and situational hitting in addition to mechanics. Our program helps our athletes create more efficient hitting patterns. Our weighted bat program has been extremely successful in creating increased bat speed.
Key Elements of Our Program:
• Proper warmup and medicine ball work for muscle activation and proper patterning- including individualized movement and drill plans for each hitter
• Mechanical instruction to maximize a hitter’s margin of error with improved timing and swing path
• Variation Training where we put our hitters in challenging environments so when it's time to step in the batter’s box, they can make in game adjustments that will increase their success
• Bat Speed training using overload/underload bats tracked by blast motion
• Video Analysis and Output Measurement using HitTrax (www.hittraxbaseball.com)
• Addressing approach and the mental Side of Hitting. The best hitters fail 70% of the time
During Winter 2021 through our program, hitters had:
• 9% average increase in Max Exit Velocity
• 21% average increase in Max Distance
• 7% average increase in Max Bat Speed
Our Hitter’s leave our program with improved bat speed, adjustability, and better approaches to hitting. They have more confidence because they understand why things happen to hitters and they can quickly self-correct. We work to build our hitters into their own best coaches.
Our hitting program is under the leadership and direction of Mike Montville who is a hitting coach for the Boston Red Sox AAA affiliate the Worcester Red Sox. Mike played years of minor league baseball for the Rockland Boulders of the Can-Am Professional Baseball League. He spent 4 years at the University of Maryland and went on to get his master’s degree in Sport Management while playing his 5th year at SNHU. He is a graduate of Portsmouth High School, where he helped lead his team to 3 state championships and a 63-game winning streak. He received Gatorade's Player of the Year in 2009 & 2010, and was a first team all-state selection in football during his junior and senior year.
This program starts the week of November 28, 2022, ends the week of March 13, 2023. We save an extra week for makeup at the end. Tuition: $1,325 (paid in 4 monthly installments)
Click below to register for the program: